Food is for being enjoyed…there is no fun in eating if you’re always feeling guilty or bad about it. That’s why we paired up with a recipe maker to make you the most delicious recipe of a rich and luxurious chocolate mousse, that will tickle your insides and add nothing to the waistline.
It’s 2019 – we should be able to enjoy all the deliciousness of food that can also be balanced and healthy… and we are!
- 5 tbsp Wahiki Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream
- 1 can of full fat coconut cream
- 1 tbsp coconut milk or 1 tbsp maple syrup instead of the coconut milk and stevia
- 1 tsp stevia
- 3 tbsp organic raw cocao powder (not cocoa)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Place the can of coconut cream in the fridge overnight then open and scoop the top layer of hardened coconut cream off the top (usually about half the can will be the cream then the bottom half will be coconut water).
2. Place into a blender with the Wahiki Ice Cream, coconut milk or maple syrup, stevia if not using maple syrup, cacao powder (I use cacao not cocoa as it has more health benefits - think much higher antioxidants, iron and magnesium - and a lighter fresher flavour) and vanilla essence.
3. I also used a vanilla pod and scraped the vanilla seeds out for a little extra vanilla flavour.
4. Blend until well combined and smooth. If its not blending well then add a tiny bit more coconut milk or maple syrup.
5. once well blended scoop into a nice glass or dish and place in fridge for at least a couple of hours.
6. Optional extra to add a nice edible flower on top or a drizzle of maple syrup.
Note: If you use maple syrup the recipe is no longer keto.
Wahiki sugar content:
Chocolate: 8.8g (just reduced)
Mango: 7.4g (just reduced)
Turmeric Latte: 9.5g (world first flavor!)