Bluff Oyster season is coming up and Auckland’s Nourish Group has gone all out to ensure it’s a pearler with its much-anticipated Princes Wharf Oyster Festival.
The Festival, now in its fourth year, runs throughout March and celebrates Bluff, Te Kouma, Te Matuku and other varieties. It includes food and drink deals at Euro, The Culpeper, Coley & Punch and The Crab Shack, as well as special events and happenings, all in honour of the succulent oyster.
“We are always excited for Bluff Oyster season to come around,” says Nourish Group executive chef Gareth Stewart, who is heading to Bluff for the first haul on opening day of the season. “There is something about eating freshly shucked oysters at the end of summer and I love each of the rituals that go with it. Last year diners at our restaurants consumed a whopping 62,000 of the beloved delicacy, so our team will be working hard behind the scenes to ensure we can meet the challenge of Auckland’s appetite for oysters again.”
The 2019 Festival events line-up includes:
- The First Haul: All You Can Eat Bluff Oysters: Be among the first in the country to tuck into new-season Bluffies at Euro’s all-you-can-eat extravaganza. Oysters will be served natural, kilpatrick and tempura, and followed by a two-course set menu. Guests receive a complimentary glass of champagne. Tuesday 5th March, 12pm-3pm, $195pp.
- The Great Bluff Lunch: Enjoy a luxurious long mid-week lunch with friends or colleagues at Euro. You’ll be treated to five delicious set-courses and free-flowing champagne. Wednesday 20th March, 12pm-3pm, $250pp.
- Oyster and Music Festival. Get your groove on to tunes spun by DJ Phoebe and DJ Alice Rose at The Culpeper while you tuck in to your share of the 200 dozen delicious, FREE oysters on offer. You can also try your hand at shucking in the Oyster Shucking Competition. Saturday 30th March from 12pm.
- Seafood Boil Up:Have yourself a boil up, some Bluffies and a boogie at this event at the Crab Shack. Saturday 9th March, 12-3pm.
- Oysters & Whiskey Masterclass: Learn all there is to know about oysters at this two-hour oyster and whiskey tasting Masterclass. Tuesday 26 March, 6.30pm. $120pp.
Please note: Bookings are essential for these special events.
There will also be a range of promotions available during the Princes Wharf Oyster Festival, including:
- Euro calls your Bluff: Diners can enjoy a dozen oysters for $29.95 at Euro. Available 12pm-3pm, throughout March.
- Whisky and Oyster Flight:The ultimate pairing of whisky and oysters on the regular, Coley and Punch are offering three oysters, prepared three ways, paired with three whiskies for $60. Or try one of their famous cocktail and oyster matches for $25. Available every day during March.
- Rosé of the Day: Grab half a dozen oysters and a glass of rosé for $25 at Euro, Coley & Punch and The Culpeper. Available every day during March.
- $2 Oysters at The Culpeper: Every day from 4-7pm throughout March.
- Bluff Oysters and Champagne:Enjoy a dozen Bluff oysters with two glasses of Champagne for $80, or make it a bottle for just $140, at Coley and Punch, Euro or The Culpeper. Available every day during March.
- Beer & Oysters at The Culpeper:A glass of Emersons and half a dozen oysters for just $25.
For bookings and further details, visit oysterfestival.co.nz